Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My Vintage Camera Collection... So Far...

I have been slowly collecting vintage cameras for a little over a few years now.  I decided to take some photos of them and display what I have...  I hope to keep adding to my collection!

Canon AE-1 Program
Lens: 50mm 1: 1.8
I received this from my Dad in High School.  I was starting my first photo class and needed an SLR camera!  He used this as a teenager and handed it down to me.  I've gotta say it is the most important camera I have in my collection and probably always will be!
The Canon AE-1 Program was produced around 1981.  Here is some info on the camera!


Kodak Hawkeye Brownie (Flash Model)
I received this one from my Aunt a few months back.  She had a couple of old cameras she never used and figured I would like them!  She was right!
The Hawkeye Brownie was produced between 1950-61.  Here is some info on the camera!


Argus 75
Lens: Lumar 75mm
I also received this one from my Aunt.
The Argus 75 was produced between 1958 & 1964.  Here is some info on the camera!


Polaroid Land Camera 360
I found this one at a thrift store.  I believe I got it for around $5.  I love going into thrift stores and going through the boxes of old cameras and coming out with something like this!
The 360 was produced from 1969-1971.  Here is some info on the camera!


Pho-Tak Foldex 20
Lens: 86mm meniscus Octar
This one, I believe, was a gift from my Dad & Step-Mom.  Its a really cool find but unfortunately its really rusted!  Don't think its usable!  But a great addition to my collection!
The Foldex 20 was produced from 1950-1953.  Here is some info on the camera!


Polaroid Colorpack III
This one was ALSO a thrift store find!  Only a few bucks!  And I believe it is in working condition!  I would really like to try some of these cameras out but it involves finding the film!  I have looked and some of it gets pretty pricey!  Hope I can try it out one day!
The Colorpack III was produced from 1970-1971.  Here is some info on the camera!


Wirgin Edina (aka Edixa)
Lens: Edinar 1/2.8-43
ALSO another thrift store find!  I believe I payed closer to $15 for this one.  Not sure though!  But it is a German camera... Its pretty neat.... Looks to be in great shape and very clean on the inside!  I tried it after I bought it... the photos weren't the best, but it just needed a little extra cleaning and I think some adjusting of the lens since the photos weren't very focused.
The Edina was produced in 1952.  Here is some info on the camera!


Kodak Six-16 Brownie Junior Box Camera
One of my first finds from a Thrift Store!  Very old box camera.
The Brownie Junior was first produced in 1934.  Here is some info on the camera!


Kodak Dakar No. 1
Lens: Kodak Anastigmat f 6.3 128mm
Chris got me this one in Reno, NV at a thrift shop.  Cost him like $3!  Seems to be in great shape still! 
The Dakar No. 1 was produced from 1932-1936.  Here is some info on the camera!


Kodak Brownie Reflex - Synchro Model
I bought this camera today at an antique shop for $10.  Its in pretty good shape and I ACTUALLY found an exposed roll of film still in it!  I know film expires after a while, but it looks like its not too old.  I am gonna send it to a lab to see if they can get anything off of it.  Might as well!
The Brownie Reflex was introduced in 1940.  Here is some info on the camera!


Kodak Brownie Starmite Camera
I bought this today at an antique shop for $8.  Its in an OK shape.  It still has a flash bulb in it but fell out as soon as I picked it up so I'm not sure how well it would work!
The Brownie Starmite was introduced in 1960.  Here is some info on the camera!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well thats what I have for now!  I hope to keep adding to this collection!  So if anyone has an old camera laying around they want to get rid of then feel free to send it on over!

2 comments:

  1. I have a Polaroid Colorpack III that I bought at a yard sale for .25, but I don't know where to buy film for it. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice collection - I would have liked to see larger photos of them.

    ReplyDelete